If a tourist can eat Kulfi (Indian ice cream) without any stomach problem, then it is possible to eat anything. All from street food, pani puri to home made food with oil and hot food.
Normally, tourist should not eat paneer, because of bacteria flora are different.
Kulfi is made of milk and really tasty with different taste. It is possible to make kulfi at home, I have never done it. However I found some recipes on google.
- ½ litre whole milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped Pista (pistachio) nuts
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Extra time:6hr freezing › Ready in:6hr25min
- Add whole milk, condensed milk, and milk powder to a heavy bottomed pan. Bring to a boil. Add saffron and cardamom powder. If you like extra sweet, add sugar. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring often. Cool till warm. Add nuts.
- 2. Pour mixture into 4 – 6 kulfi moulds (depending on size). Freeze at least 6 hours. Overnight is better. You can make the kulfi up to 1 week ahead and freeze.
- Take moulds out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving. If kulfi is stuck, you can dip the mould in hot water and run a sharp knife along the edges to help release it. Serve immediately
I found the recipe, http://allrecipes.co.in/recipe/231/easy-malai-kulfi.aspx